LUBRICANT- Sex Ed on why it’s IMPORTANT!
The Stats and Facts
For so many reasons, lubricant is so important in our sex lives. Last year in 2019 based on a Statista report, 270 million people claimed they do not use lubricant for personal sex or sex in general. 270 million was a number I was NOT expecting.
Working as a Pure Romance Consultant, I get this a lot from customers and clients that claim a few different things. Such as; “I self lubricate just fine, I don’t need it” or “you only use lube when you have a problem”- this makes me cringe.
Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about self lubricating, and why you should use lubricant still:
- You may self lubricate, but a man’s penis is very porous and takes about 60% of self lubrication and absorbs it, (if you aren’t using protection.)
- The mentality of the vagina self lubricating takes a while. We aren’t just ready the moment you make the first foreplay touch.
- It isn’t just for women over the age of 40 with a medical problem.
A few reasons why someone may use lubricant:
- There are some women that have a medical issue, problem, disease, such as; cancer, endometriosis, menopause, PCOS, pregnancy, or others.. This isn’t just for your older woman This happens to women of ALL ages who might need a little extra.
- Pregnancy is a huge one! Before, during, and after! The dynamic of growing a child can throw everything off.
- Drunk Sex- this is never really an easy topic. Some condone it, some don’t. But if you are going to do it, at least take the second to use the lube. You don’t want to hurt later on.
- Anal Sex. Now this is for a whole other topic, but PLEASE use lubricant for this kind of sex/foreplay.
Every single time I am talking to a clients about products would be best for them and what to use, I always try to bring up lubricant. There are different kinds, that can be used for differently types of activities and things.
The Three Types:
- Water Based Lubricant- Water based is known as the “universal, all around lube.” These are safe to use in foreplay, sex, toys/vibrators, anal sex, oral sex, and with condoms. (Inside and outside). This is my number one go to, and you can find it here! (This one is also PH balanced!)
- Silicone Based Lubricant- Silicone is hypoallergenic and don’t normally cause allergic reactions. This type of lube can be used with sex, foreplay, anal sex, oral sex, or condoms, and water sex. Do NOT USE WITH TOYS AND VIBRATORS. This will break the toy/vibrator down.
- Oil Based Lubricant- The good thing about oil based is you don’t have to ever reapply. This kind can be used for sex, massage, foreplay, and toys. Do not use with condoms, this kind can break them down. Oil based may not be good for bedsheets also and may create certain bacteria. Make sure you are practicing good hygiene!
The 2 extra kind:
- Sensational Lube- All sensational lube is, is it could be warming or cooling to create sensations. Would not recommend using for anal, or toy/vibrator masturbation, or sex, (due to friction being uncomfortable), but definitely would recommend for oral sex or foreplay! Here is the one I recommend!
- Creme Lube- Creme lube happens to be one of my favorites! This one is so good for oral sex and foreplay! This one is a little more creamier based than the sensations, so in other times it can be used during sex. But really would recommend for oral, as the taste of it is so good! Here is the one I recommend!
All together, lubricant is a good thing. Don’t let it scare you, or embarrass you. You may be 25 years old, or you may be 55. Who cares? If you need it, if you like, then use it! If you have never tried it, I highly recommend trying it out! You never know, and it has so many different benefits, plus it’s FUN!
Thanks for reading! I hope you learned something new! If you have any questions on any of the links posted above, please feel free to ask me! That is what I am here for!