The Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award
This is so fun! Here I am writing a post for/on the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award. I’ve learned so much in the blogger world in the last 6 months and I am so glad to have made the friends and have the open opportunities to do/write stuff like this!
I was really excited with Yorkie… Not Just For Dad’s, (Twitter handle: @Notjustfordads) tagged and nominated me to write a post for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award. You can find his post on the VEBA here. Thank you for giving me this chance to write this blog post!
These are the rules to follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
2. Make a post of the award. (Using a photo with the logo.)
3. Post the rules.
4. Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
5. Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
These are the questions that Yorkie… Not Just For Dad’s has given us/me to answer. I will be as truthfully as possible and I am just now realizing this really is a way to get to know one another a little better.
1. What has been your greatest achievement as a parent?
Well, this is kind of a hard one for me, but it isn’t at the same time. I have a angel baby and I have my 2 month old son now, and so far the greatest achievement is keeping him alive. (Just kidding, but not kidding.) I mean really, I was so scared bringing him into this world, because you have so many other things going through your head, like “Am I going to be a good parent? What if I mess this up?” It eats you alive, literally. My greatest achievement with him has been unconditional love and understanding because he’s just a baby and I am striving to keep us both afloat and happy. So as long as he is happy, then that is my biggest achievement as a parent so far. Ask me again in a few months, my answer might be the same with more depth. 🙂
2. What was a hobby you had as a child that you would love to take up again as an adult?
Sports. My ENTIRE childhood was consumed by sports. I tried like 5 different kinds until one or two stuck. In my opinion they need more adult sport teams that are just played for fun. We revolve a lot of things around kids only now a days, and I think if we had something for the parents to, it would keep a lot of people in shape and focused. It would also bring people together too. My favorite sports were softball and soccer. I would play every day again if it were possible.
3. Pick your favorite take away and why; Chinese, Indian, Italian, Pizza, or Kebab?
Italian, 100%! Italian is a comfort food for me. Pasta alone, any kind of pasta is my favorite food. I’ve never been a fan of Chinese, and pizza is just to greasy. I’m not sure I know what a kebab is. When I was in college I worked for an Italian pizzeria, and the restaurant had the BEST shrimp pasta. They would mix the alfredo sauce and marinara sauce together and had garlic. It was the best! Tortellini is good too, and so is plain spaghetti. Those are my top 3!
4. What would have been your dream career?
This one has slightly changed over the years, but the one that I always go back to is Interior Design. I would have LOVED to be an interior designer. I even applied to a school in San Diego for it but didn’t end up going because Lord know I couldn’t have afforded it or left my now husband and family behind. It will always be a dream, but I can always rearrange redecorate my house as many times as I want. That’s a plus side.
5. What is your dream car?
I don’t know if I have one. But I can say one time I got to drive the brand new 2020 Cadillac XT5 as a rental for a day while I got my oil changed. I currrently drive a 2016 Cadillac ATS, and I can say with all honesty the XT5 was AMAZING! I don’t know if I would consider it my dream car but it would be nice to own one. Other than that, if I had to choose a old car, my hubby loves an old school Camaro, like a 69 or 70, and I have grown fond of those too.
6. Who was your greatest role model and inspiration growing up?
I would have to say maybe my dad. Both my parents in general, but my dad always seemed to have an answer and normally keep a calm head. He made a lot of mistakes his entire life until he started having us kids, and he completely took his life and did a 360 and changed his whole life for the better. It is great honestly, and it shows that as a parent he would do anything for his kids, and family. Him and my momma jumped on a greyhound bus from LA, California to Horn Lake, MS/Memphis, TN when they found out they were pregnant with me, because it was crucial to turn their life around now that me, their first child was on the way. They have made so many sacrifices and I am so glad I had parent role models like that, so I knew how to be when I started to have kids.
7. As a blogger what is your defining moment, your greatest achievement to date?
As far as my blog, it started out as a hobby for me, because I really like to write. It was private for a long, long time and I finally stepped out of my shell and started inviting people in. I think my greatest achievement isn’t something I accomplished on the blog, but what the blog accomplished for me. It helped me come out of my shell with some of my writing and feelings, and it made me realize there is a whole other world of people out there that love to do the same thing and do have the same interest. It opened up a ton of other doors for me. It helped me achieve new friends and a new level of confidence.
1. What is the first thing you notice in a person?
2. What are some challenges you think the next generation will face because of our generation’s now actions?
3. What is something you could teach me that comes easiest to you?
4. Coffee or Tea? Why?
5. What is your favorite quote and why?
6. What is the most useful thing you own?
7. Do you have a favorite comfort food? What is the recipe?
8. If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
(8 questions, because 8 is my lucky number!)
- Glen from Glen Parmenter
- Britt from Shed Happens
- Kelly from The Kelly Diane Report
- Jordanne from The Life Of Glasgow Girl
- Sophie from This Brilliant Day
- Kayleigh from Kayleigh Zara
- Emma from Invincible Woman on Wheels
- Stef from Livin’ like Stef
- Amy from Bab About Town
- Lucy from Lucy Mary
This post was pretty fun to write and I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! Enjoy!