Life Update- Mid COVID
Damn, who knew that COVID was actually going to last this long? It’s actually pretty annoying at this point. I wanted to write a little life update for you guys. I miss all my blogger friends and they really kept me afloat during the tail end of my pregnancy and COVID before I came back to work after maternity leave and when my office opened back up post, or shall we say mid COVID.
I really need to do better because blogging was really important to me and it kept me sane for a long time. I guess I am trying to get back to some normalcy now. I’m sure everyone is. A few things I have celebrated the last few months since I have last wrote is:
- My baby is 4 months old. Still a new mommy and learning everyday. He can now roll over, laugh at us and with us, grab toys, and he LOVES the water.
- I went back to work full time, got a raise, and moved into a new office space.
- My husband had his surgery on his appendix. I had my gallbladder removed. (See last few posts on that here.)
- I celebrated my 25th birthday.
- We took our son on his first vacation, (which we desperately needed. We went camping, so we were definitely social distancing and away from other people.
- I deleted my twitter for a while, and my instagram and stayed off social media for a little while, because the world got crazy there for a few minutes.
- I started back my normal hobbies, like running and picked up a new one with sewing.
- I got a new tattoo.
So that is just a few life updates with my family and I. As far as COVID goes, I hate it. I hate wearing masks and I hate early closing hours, and I hate that there is a capacity limitation, and I also dislike how I can’t shop normally, or how I can’t go get a facial because Ulta is still closed, and this is just a huge inconvenience. We can all agree on that right?
I recently listened to this podcast by Science Vs. You all should really check it out. You can find that blog post here. It was about the COVID pandemic, and the cloth masks.
A few things that I want to accomplish for the end of this month and September:
- Losing another 5 pounds and to stop quarantine diet.
- Get to 6 miles in a continuous run. I have got to 4 since I have had my baby and surgery.
- Start running/working out before work.
- More outside time with baby. (It’s just been so hot.)
- Read 2 more books. (It’s so hard to do now with a baby and the tiredness.)
- Finish my lower arm tattoo.
What has everyone been up to? How is everyone holding up? I missed you guys! This wasn’t one of my normal blog posts, but It was the only way I could think of to introduce myself back into the community!
See some updated pics of my little family below 🙂